Workplace Influenza Vaccinations
Eastern Health Authority (EHA) Workplace Immunisation Program protects your employees from illness caused by the highly contagious Influenza A and B. The onset of influenza within the workplace can cause major disruptions to any business.
Workplace immunisation not only protects your staff but also the people in their care and reduces costly absenteeism from work, helping to promote and increase productivity within the workplace as well as staff health and wellbeing in general.
BOOK NOW NOW for your 2021 Flu Workplace Immunisation Program
Are you looking for a quote or wanting to register for an Immunisation Program at your workplace? We offer quick quotes and online registrations/bookings – simply click on the link.
As leading providers and specialists within the field of workplace vaccinations our Workplace Immunisation Program offers:
- Professional and specialised immunisation registered nurses who visit your workplace at a time that suits you and your team.
- A convenient and efficient onsite service resulting in minimal downtime and disruption to your business operation.
- Options for absent staff to attend one of our many Eastern Health Authority clinics at various locations and times at their convenience.
- A wide range of booking options including a quick and easy online system allowing staff to self-book – simply email them a link and we do the rest.
What are the benefits of workplace flu vaccinations?
- Vaccination can help prevent illness – and in turn prevent disruption to your business. Influenza costs Australian business more than $2 billion per year, with an estimated 1,500,000 workdays lost each year due to illness.
- Those vaccinated against influenza have half the number of doctor visits and sick days compared to those who are not vaccinated.
- Flu vaccination can be beneficial as an incentive when attracting and retaining staff as it provides a focus on health and wellbeing for the entire workforce of your business
Which type of flu vaccinations does EHA offer?
The influenza vaccinations provided in 2020 will include Fluarix Tetra and Afluria Quad. Both vaccination brands are quadrivalents – they cover four strains of influenza virus (two A and two B). For staff over the age of 65, FluadQuad is recommended as it is formulated specifically for this age group and works to generate a stronger immune response and is more effective in protecting against influenza in this age group.
How do you organise a Workplace Immunisation Program?
Simply BOOK ONLINE and provide us with two or three preferred dates. In the situation that we cannot accommodate the preferred dates we will be in contact to find an alternative. Once a date is confirmed, nursing staff are assigned, and we confirm your organisation’s booking details via email.
Preparation for our visit is easy and we support you by:
- Providing an electronic link for you to send to staff which:
- - advises details of the upcoming visit
- - provides an online booking service for staff to make an appointment
- - provides a consent form for each employee to complete prior to appointment
- - provides Consumer Information about the vaccine to be used
- Supplying posters at your request to help promote the program in your workplace
EHA will monitor bookings and staff numbers in the lead up to the workplace visit and is happy to answer any questions staff may have prior.
What will an EHA Workplace Immunisation Program cost?
Costs are all-inclusive of service and flu vaccine and are dependent upon the number of staff at the workplace:
|More than 20 staff:||$24 per person* (excluding GST)|
|Less than 20 staff:||$22 per person plus a $180 call out fee* (excluding GST)|
*If applicable, staff may be eligible to receive a free flu vaccine under the State Government’s Annual Influenza Program - a service fee of $14 (excluding GST) ONLY would apply.
Our online quote tool is simple and provides an instant indication of costs for flu vaccination for your team.
Did you find this information useful?
Let us know your thoughts on this page and we'll use your feedback to improve our website!
Find out about
- Immunisation Consent - Download Forms here
- Clinic Timetable
- Book an appointment
- Public Clinics
- Childhood Immunisation Program
- Workplace Influenza Program
- School Program
- FEE Vaccines Available at EHA
- APHN Immunisation Community Engagement Project
- Assessment of Overseas Immunisation Records - New Arrivals