In December 2022 Food Standards Australia New Zealand (FSANZ) added the new Standard 3.2.2A – Food Safety Management Tools into the Food Standards Code. The Standard is an extension of the existing Standard 3.2.2 requirements and introduces three food safety management tools for food service, caterers and some retail businesses.
The new Standard applies to food business who are defined in the Standard as a category one or category two business.
Category one businesses
- Handle unpackaged high-risk food and then serve it to the customer (or provide to another business to serve) as ready-to-eat food.
- Must implement all three tools as described below.
Category two businesses
- Are retail businesses who minimally handle, but don’t make, unpackaged high-risk ready-to-eat food and sell it to consumers.
- Must implement the food handler training and food safety supervisor tools.
The Standard has three tools.
- Food Safety Supervisor
- Food Safety Training
- Substantiation of (showing you’re managing) key food safety controls
frequently asked questions
infographics summary page
If your business is affected by the new requirements, implementation of the required tools must be in place by the end of the transition period (December 2023).
To find out more please visit SA Health website here or contact Eastern Health Authority on 8132 3600 or email email@example.com
Did you find this information useful?