Adelaide Primary Health Network (APHN)
The Immunisation Community Engagement Project has been established to provide immunisation program support to community groups and immunisation providers within the eastern and north eastern metropolitan area of Adelaide.
The Adelaide Primary Health Network has commissioned Eastern Health Authority to provide the Immunisation Community Engagement Program within the eastern and north eastern metropolitan area of Adelaide.
Community groups – including childcare centres, kindergartens, schools, play groups, ethnic associations – and their members can seek immunisation information and services through EHA’s specialist immunisation nurses and customer service team who are able to:
- Supply vaccine and service for children and adults in line with the National Immunisation Program (NIP) at no cost to people with a current Medicare card or for a fee to those without Medicare residing within council areas of Burnside, Campbelltown, Norwood Payneham & St Peters, Prospect and Walkerville
- Provide in excess of 14 immunisation sessions per month over four locations
- Offer advice and assistance with the most up-to-date information relating to vaccinations
- Assist parents to check their child’s immunisation status on Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) and identify and immunise for any outstanding vaccines
- Assess overseas immunisation records and upload to AIR and establish a catchup plan in order to meet the Australian immunisation schedule
- Offer ‘No Jab No Play’ advice and guidance
- Provide a safe and supportive service for families who may have questions or hesitancy around vaccinating their children
- Provide School Immunisation Program (SIP) and adolescent catch-up programs for students attending schools in / residents of EHA council areas
- Provide annual flu vaccination including adults and children eligible to receive free flu vaccine under the NIP
- Provide immunisation promotional material for display or distribution
Provide educational sessions on immunisation
Health professionals, general practices and other immunisation providers can benefit through the help of EHA specialist immunisation nurses who can:
- Offer NIP support and education
- Mentor nurses who are new to immunisation program delivery
- Provide guidance on systems including documentation
- Provide AIR support and guidance
The Immunisation Community Engagement Project is focused on increasing vaccine uptake, through raising community and provider awareness, knowledge and confidence in immunisation delivery.
This project is supported by funding from the Australian Government through the PHN Program.
Did you find this information useful?
Let us know your thoughts on this page and we'll use your feedback to improve our website!
Find out about
- Immunisation Consent - Download Forms here
- Clinic Timetable
- Book an appointment
- Public Clinics
- Childhood Immunisation Program
- Workplace Influenza Program
- School Program
- FEE Vaccines Available at EHA
- APHN Immunisation Community Engagement Project
- Assessment of Overseas Immunisation Records - New Arrivals
- Downloading your immunisation history statement from the Immunisation Register (AIR)
Help me book
Book your immunisations with usMake a booking